Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Honeymoon....and then the First Fight

You know when you first get married, or first start dating someone, you tend to put your best foot forward?  There's a lot of smiling, and phrases like 'he is THE BEST', 'I am in LOVE', 'this is the best thing that's ever happened to me, he is PERFECT!'  And then, you find out that he has a love for Quentin Tarantino movies (totally hypothetical by the way), and you're like 'what is wrong with you?!', or, you may find out that he tends to not rinse out his dish and put it in the dishwasher (again, totally hypothetical), and you're like 'If you don't put that dish in there I am going to FLIP a lid!'

Well, let me tell you what's NOT hypothetical.  The cleanse had its honeymoon with me yesterday, and I have now quickly moved into the first fight stage.  I saw an advertisement for baked ziti on the side of my facebook page, and my mouth immediately watered.  And I went over to a friends house today and she knew I was doing a cleanse, and she so gracious and kind and asked me 'are you SURE it's okay if I eat in front of you?'  I told her yes, of course, I'm totally fine!  But when she got up for a minute, I could smell the meat and the cheese from where I was sitting, and it smelled SO good....while I drank my green tea with contempt.  I had a headache today, which I have heard is totally normal, but hey, it's still not fun.  And that BURST of flavor I talked about yesterday when I ate my salad.  Gone.  Totally gone.  I'm dreaming about baked ziti while I eat it.  

All that to say, not a lot of positive content going on in my head today.  BUT, the one thing I am positive about is that this cleanse is more than halfway over.  I don't know how people do it for 30 days...or even 7.  I'm doing it for three and that is plenty for me right now.  And, I do want to be totally clear on this point.  I'm not starving.  I'm actually not hungry at all while I salivate over ziti, or dream about eating a piece of bread with some strawberry jam on it.  I just really, REALLY want these things.

And, I haven't mentioned my workouts yet.  For those who are just starting this blog, I am in the final two weeks of Insanity, and doing the cleanse, along with working out has been tough if I am totally honest.  Because the truth is, you are not getting the calories that you normally would.  My body is getting what it needs from what I am eating, but in terms of my exercise, I still do them to the best of my ability, but I don't feel like I am doing them as great as I did last week.  Hence, another reason I'm thankful tomorrow is the last day.  Until tomorrow, unless of course I make a pizza run tonight.... ;)
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig