Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Motivation+Preparation+Determination=Success!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry that I have been on a bit of a hiatus from my blog, it has been a busy few weeks!  Which leads me to a bit of a confession time....if I tell you all about my successes, I feel that I also need to tell you about my setbacks, it's only fair, and as they are bound to happen in whatever journey you are on, fitness or otherwise, I think it would be a little deceitful of me to tell you that everyday I spring out of bed, and I am super motivated to eat healthy and workout.

First of all the idea of 'springing' out of bed isn't exactly what occurs...even on a good day.  Some people are morning people.  I am not.  It's just the way I am.  You ask me to stay up late for a marathon of movies, I'm totally there....you want me to do a 5 am workout....well, that's a nice thought but I probably won't make it.  Anyhow I digress.  I knew that these last couple of weeks would be tough because my sister was coming into town, I was going on vacation with my family, and my husband was coming home from his training, and he had been gone for two months!  So, before it even happened, I had to just tell myself that I needed to let go a little with my food.  The truth is, when you're on vacation, when people visit, when you're celebrating a happy occasion, you go out to eat.  And, I know there are people out there that are much more disciplined than myself, but let me tell you, I just knew that I had to give myself grace, because this is a tough area for me.  I go back and forth about my thoughts on eating out, there are times when I think 'if I'm going out, I want to celebrate, and I want to eat what I want'.  For now, and maybe because I'm trying to justify my actions, I think that this thought was okay for me, because I knew that I was starting P90X, and I knew that I would be back on track with a healthy meal plan.  Um, but that also allowed me to indulge a little more than I probably should have.  So, in short, I may or may not have eaten a bag of jelly beans over the course of two days.

I think the important lesson I learned from the jellybeans...and the reese's eggs, and maybe the swedish fish too...is that I am most definitely not perfect.  I am nearly 30 years old, and over the course of these past few months I have been MORE disciplined with my food, and my workout activity than I truly ever have been in my life.  So, as most people, I wallowed a little in all of this, and felt bad...but then I thought 'pick yourself up, dust yourself off, the jellybeans didn't kill me, you're doing P90X no matter what!'  The old me would have said 'just keep eating them...you've already messed up anyway'.  This is TOTALLY wrong to think this way, even though it seems that most of us do.  Each day is a NEW start, and I know that can seem kind of cliche to think that way, but it really is.

So, HOW did I prepare and detox from the Easter candy extravaganza?  First of all, I got rid of what was left...not that there was much left, but hey, the point is I got rid of it!  Then, I went to the grocery store PLANNED OUT my meals that I'm having this week.  I also wrote out each of my P90X workouts on my schedule so I can do my OCD thing and check them off each day that I do them.  These may seem like small little details, but I am finding more and more on this journey, that it is the DETAILS that lead us to our goals.  And you know what else I've also found?  I'm not the only weirdo that needs details.  In fact MOST if not ALL people who are truly successful in their goals are very specific with how they spend their time each day.  They have things like a to-do list, a routine, and a way to measure success daily.  I'm a work in progress, but I feel that as time goes on I'm getting the hang of this.  No matter WHAT your goal is, fitness, career, spiritual, educational, whatever!  You need to have a daily plan!  You can't just say something like 'I want to get a college degree'...there are SO MANY holes in that goal.  WHAT college degree, WHERE do you want to go, HOW will you pay for it?  If you don't answer the little questions, the big goal will not be accomplished!  So, my challenge to you, AND to myself, is work on the daily goals, I promise you, they will start leading you to that big goal you have!

If you have questions or comments please feel free to contact me about it.  The more I am on this journey myself, the more I realize I really want to help others in it!  Also, I am doing a May BeachBody Challenge Group starting May 6th, I'd love for you to join, this is a group that will NOT let you fail!  Thanks for reading!
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig