Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Heath, Fitness, and What It Now Means to Me

Hi Everyone!

So, it's been yet again quite a while, but I want to breathe some life into this blog, and get it up and running again!  My fitness journey is one that probably doesn't sound unusual, but you know, it's mine, so I feel as though it's been kind of a big deal ;)

This past year my life has been a whirlwind of trips home to Michigan, finding my place here in Virginia Beach, and being available to spend time with my husband when he's home.  In the past, this would merit A LOT of cheat meals and rationalizing not working out.

Insert new disciplined mindset.

Now, I am not PERFECT at this.  In fact, this past summer, I went a solid two weeks without working out ONCE.  So, you know, there's room for improvement.  But, EVEN with that, I can tell you that I have been more consistent than I ever have with exercise AND healthy eating.  I think about the time that I considered myself to be in the best shape...and it would have to be my senior year of high school.  I was running and part of a strength training class...plus my high metabolism played a part...I was R-I-P-P-E-D.  Then, I kind of depended on that high metabolism throughout college...it served me well.  Around the age of 27, it slowly started giving out on me.  And, up until a year ago, I would have told you that I was a 'healthy' person...because I was skinny.  Not true.  I wasn't healthy.  I struggled constantly with my anemia, I was sick about three to four times a year with a cold, or flu, or something.  I mean, don't get me wrong, there are people with much larger health problems than those, but for me to say I was 'healthy', well, that just wasn't true.

Why am I writing all this?  To show you that changing 30 years of bad eating takes time....and it's not easy.  I still enjoy those comfort foods...A LOT.  But, I am learning that while I do enjoy them every now and then, they don't rule my life like they once did.  And that's a pretty awesome feeling.  I believe in being FREE of anything that hinders me....that includes food.  And I have to say, it hindered me in a lot of ways (please see my previous post), now, I use it to fuel me.  To achieve my dreams.  To accomplish my goals.  Does your food do that?  If it doesn't, we need to chat.  Because even though I've got a tough day every now and then, I'm learning, and I'm growing, and I want to help you do the same!
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig