Monday, October 28, 2013

Positivity...what is it good for? Absolutely EVERYTHING.

I'd like to think that I'm someone who is a realist.  I try not to be overly negative, but I also don't want to be one of those people that are just crazy positive, to the point that they don't see the reality of situations.  So, I try to be in the middle on most days.

But, you know...being normal, or in the middle, isn't what made good people great.  They had to get...well...a little weird.  I've been doing my research.  I've been trying to find out what made the most influential people influential.  Here is what I found: 

1.  They didn't listen to 'reason'.
2. They stood up for their beliefs.
3. They didn't doubt themselves.  

About three years ago, my husband and I embarked on a crazy journey so he could achieve a dream.  Let me tell you, we had to ignore a lot of 'reason' that was being thrown our way.  We were told flat out by many people that we were crazy, dumb, and selfish to name a few.  I won't say that we didn't care.  It hurt.  A lot.  But we kept our heads forward on the goal.  And let me tell you, we're so glad that we didn't listen to 'reason'.  My husband achieved his dream, and we live a life that is filled with possibilities of what can be accomplished next.  That's the the thing about being positive, you see that there are no limitations, because the limitations are only in our mind for the most part. 

Along with not listening to reason, you've got to then stand up for what you want to do and what you believe.  This is tough.  But you know...whenever I've made a stand, an interesting thing happens.  I become stronger in my belief.  I hear my own voice, and I believe it.  It might be quiet and little shaky at first...but it grows stronger with each explanation that's needed, and before you know it, you don't really have people that question you, but you have people that are ASKING you how you did it...because they want to do it too.  Crazy, right?

To not doubt yourself, means, that you NEED to be positive.  Not perma-grin, whistling 'zippity do dah' positive.  But a positivity that drives you to your goals.  Every athlete that I have heard a success story of, a ceo of a huge company, a successful author or actor, a war hero....they REFUSED to believe they could be defeated.  It wasn't even a thought in their head.  

Can you imagine that?  If you thought that you were capable of your dreams?  If you didn't allow doubt to enter your mind?  What could you accomplish?  I challenge you to take a step today towards your dream.  Whether it's something as small as doing a Google Search, or journaling, or making a list of what you need to do.  Please know that your dreams are worth pursuing.  Don't worry, there's lots of other weird people out there doing the same thing....why not be one of them?
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig