Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Traveling and Healthy Eating

Since my husband joined the military, I often feel as though we have lived a somewhat transient lifestyle.  We have moved 4 times in three years, we're always making plans of when we will be seeing family next, and we quite honestly have loved every minute of it!  Seeing new places, meeting new people, coming into town to share in special family events....it's a fun lifestyle, but it also make healthy eating a little more than challenging.

You are on the road A LOT!  I can't even tell you how many road trips we've had.  Which means so many temptations when you stop at a gas station and fast food seems like such a good option.  And then, when you get into town to see family...well, the temptations just keep on coming!  From awesome dishes that my family makes....to our favorite restaurants....and just the whole feeling of 'I'm on vacation, I can let loose a little!'.  When you combine all of THAT, you can basically rationalize yourself into eating a lot of crap.

Enter Shakeology!  The truth is, I WANT to have the cider and donuts at the orchard, I WANT to enjoy my mom's amazing cooking, I mean, let's be honest, how do you say NO?!  Well, if I'm honest, I will tell you that although I have made improvements, I often don't say no, but I do say 'just one', or 'that will be it'.  I do a lot of portion control, and also, I drink Shakeology every single day.

Shakeology ensures that even if my meals that day haven't been the greatest, I am STILL continuing to receive a daily dose of solid nutrition.  Shakeology is incredibly easy for me to take on the road....a few months back, I bought a one serving blender from Hamilton Beach, I bring my bag of Vegan Chocolate Shakeology, and you can get almond milk and bananas anywhere.  This is a perfect solution for me, and I'm so grateful for it.  I don't know if there will come a day when I can say no to a sugar coated pumpkin donut...but I DO know that Shakeology will be there to pick up the slack.  
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig