Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Are you CRAZY?! Why yes, yes I am.

To say that God has taken my husband and I on a bit of an adventure would be a giant understatement.  Have you ever done something and people told you that you were NUTS?  Well, we did.  Many times actually.  You see, we had a big goal, but it was hard, we were older for trying it, and pretty much NO ONE accomplishes it that tries for it.  But we knew differently.  We knew in our hears that it could happen.  I can't explain why...but we just KNEW.  Unfortunately, many other people weren't so sure...for a people pleaser like myself, this was hard to swallow.  We were told that we were crazy, dumb, insane, irresponsible, and the list could go on and on.  I cried a lot.  But I didn't want to give up.  I knew that this was where God was leading us, and it was going to take more than a few name callings to convince me that we weren't right.  In fact, it often gave me more fuel that we WERE right.  Maybe that's the little rebel inside me, but, it did nonetheless.

Fast forward to now.  That BIG goal that we were irresponsible and crazy for trying?  It's our reality now, and even though it has been by far the most difficult journey of my life, and continues to be, I am THANKFUL for it, because it pushes me constantly to be better.  And knowing that we are walking on God's path for us, brings me all the comfort I need when times are especially difficult.  No matter how crazy the journey, when it is in God's plan, you will find peace....always.

So...do you have crazy dream...one that you know might not go over well?  It's okay.  We did too.  And you know what?  You HAVE to stand out, you have to be a little strange, and maybe kind of crazy when you go after a big dream.  But it's okay, because your potential is literally WAITING for you to unlock it.  Get past the naysayers, because you know what?  They will always be there...pulling you down, telling you that you're crazy.  But your heart always know better.  Listen to that.  It will get you where you need to go.  Always.


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig