Monday, March 31, 2014

Being alone, and how it has made my 'why' so powerful.

You want a powerful 'why'?  You might be asking yourself what is a 'why'?  What is she talking about?

A 'why', is why you're doing something.  Why do you have that job you have?  Why do you make the decisions that you do?  Why do you live where you live?  Why is your life heading the direction that it's heading?  When you think about that stuff....you'll be thinking about your 'why'.

My 'why' has varied throughout my life, I've always been goal driven, I've always wanted to succeed.  I never believed that my life was out of my hands, or that I should just allow it go wherever the wind takes it.  I like things to have a plan and a purpose.  If they don't...I'm going to start wondering why I'm doing it.

This week, I went on a cruise with about 4,500 beachbody coaches.  I had many friends that were there, and it was amazing.  The one person who was missing?  My husband.

If this is your first time reading this blog, my husband is currently deployed.  And although it's certainly not easy, he is living a dream that he never thought he would have the opportunity to live, and yet, he's out there doing it, and I'm so proud of him!

However, when you're on a cruise, with thousands of people who all brought their spouses...and they see a wedding ring on your finger, but no spouse...the question comes up.  A lot.  'Where is your husband?'  And before I start into this, please know, I know these questions are meant well, and I don't mind answering them.  This is just me, and where I'm at with things, so I'm not upset when people ask.  It is hard to answer them though, and then go back to your room alone.  Whew.  It was much harder than I anticipated.  And although I had fun on the cruise, I had some sad moments.  I hated that he wasn't there, sharing in this experience with me, being with all these amazing people, and getting a glimpse of why I love BeachBody so much.

Then, this feeling got worse, as truly horrible weather and completely booked hotels caused me to have an overnight stay at the airport.

As I was talking to the airline representative at the counter, I kept asking about different options:

Is the USO open?  No.
Is the Delta Sky Club open?  No.
And there are no hotels?!  I'm sorry ma'am, no.

Finally I said 'I'm here ALONE.  What am I supposed to do?!'

And that's when the tears came.  I couldn't stop them.  I admitted to this guy who probably could have cared less, and by doing that, admitted it to myself.  I was here alone.  And I hated it.


That night, as I got about one hour of sleep on some weirdly shaped chairs that were pushed together, I kept thinking about that.  If Jordan was with me, I'd still be sleeping in this airport, but gosh, isn't it always better when you're not doing it by yourself?  You've got someone to laugh a little about it with, someone that you can roll your eyes to, and someone to vent your frustration.  But alone?  You're just sitting there with your thoughts.

That's when this thought came to me.  'I don't have to be alone'.



Beachbody gives me the opportunity to earn COMPLETE financial freedom.  And when people put their heads down and FOCUS on this business, amazing things happen.  Sure, you can pay off a house, a car, get out of debt.  But you know what I could do?  Bring my husband home.  I LOVE that he is living his dream, I love that he is in the military, I am so proud of him.  And if continuing in that is what he wants, then I will support him.  But I don't want him to feel like he HAS to keep doing it.  I can give us freedom through this company.  I can bring him HOME.  That's my why.  That's what has tears in my eyes even as I write this.

That's what is driving me, that's why I'm pushing, and that's why I want to help you do the same.  Do you need to bring someone home?  Maybe it's not the military.  Maybe it's a job that they hate.  Maybe it's a job that works them too long for far too little.  Or maybe you're like me, and it is the military, and you're tired of being a single parent for half of a year or longer, or you don't have kids and you just miss them terribly.


BeachBody can get you there.  When you work the business for those reasons it's WORK, I won't lie.  But man, is it rewarding.  My 'work' each day, is writing these blog posts, working out, investing in a team of people who are pushing towards the same goals, investing in my challengers who are working hard to achieve results.  To me, that's not really 'work', but it's what I get to do.  Let's do this together, let's bring the people we love home to be with us and our families.  Do you want to know more about this opportunity?  Comment below, and I will talk to you about it.  This is not just my heart (although it definitely does some of the leading!), this business is a business to me, and I take it very seriously, so my mind is there, and my body gets me through these workouts!  In other words, I am committed 110%, and I want people on my team who feel the same way!

It has taken me time to get to this point, but the longer he is gone, the more this 'why' has formed in my heart and soul, and I can't stop now.  This train is leaving and I want you on it with me!
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig