Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 7: Don't intentionally lose what you have worked hard to gain

It's Day 7, and I want you all to know that I survived my first weekend in what I'm sure has been years, that I have not had a cheat meal!  Maybe that sounds a little extreme to some, but here is the honest to goodness truth about my cheat 'meals'.  They ALWAYS (and that's a full 100% of the time), turned into a cheat DAY or even, a cheat WEEKEND.

Why did I do that?  Because I'm an 'all in' kind of girl.  Now, 'all in' can be a great trait to have, if you use it the right way.  But I have often applied it to things like watching hours of a t.v. season on Netflix just so I can finish it, or not wanting to waste the rest of the pizza and breadsticks so I save it for the next day.  Pretty much, once I start something I can't stop....I will see it through to the end...good or bad!  So, I'm trying to take this quality, and apply it to P90X3 AND the nutrition plan.  So, that meant (dun, dun, dun!) NO cheat meals on the weekend.  I thought I would die.  I thought I would go into some kind of pizza withdrawal.  But there I was, making my spinach stir fry, and not regretting it one tiny bit...okay, maybe a tiny bit...but not bad enough to call up Papa John's.

My point?  To show off that I have this amazing resolve?  No.  My point, is that I'm human, and I know myself.  If you KNOW that you can do a cheat meal then continue on with your nutrition plan, and you think you might need it to help you STICK to your nutrition plan, then do it.  But be careful that you are not playing some crazy mind game with yourself, and thinking that you NEED it, and knowing full well that you'll fall off the wagon.  I mean, after all, think of the WORK that you have done.  For me, I lost one pound this past week, I feel amazing, and I feel proud that I'm not only sticking to this workout, but I'm sticking to my nutrition.  Don't lose what you have gained!  It's not about the cheat meal, it's about cheating YOURSELF.  Be honest with yourself about what your limits are, then go from there.

In the meantime, try this tasty little stir fry I cooked up!

2 cup spinach, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp. of cold pressed olive oil

In a medium sized skillet, pour the olive oil in, and let it heat.  Then add the mushrooms and garlic, cook until they are tender, add the spinach, cook until tender, then serve immediately.

This stir fry is great as a side, however, as you can see from the picture below, I make it into an open face sandwich on 1/2 of a whole grain english muffin.  You will be surprised at how tasty (and quick!) this little stir fry is!  And, because I love versatility in my recipes, I have added peppers, onions, tomatoes...pretty much anything to this stir fry and I just make sure the spinach is my base.  So good!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig