Thursday, March 13, 2014

Shakeology: Why you need it and what it does

As a BeachBody coach, I promote Shakeology.  Not only do I promote it, I use it on a daily basis.  And not only do I use it, I am BENEFITED by it each and every day.  I am not a nutritionist, and I won't claim to be one right now.  But this is what me, a real person, who used to love Taco Bell (and let's be honest, I still kinda do), has to say about it.  So, here are some commonly asked questions about Shakeology, and this is my response!

1. Geesh!  WHY is Shakeology so EXPENSIVE?!: Have you ever been to a health food store?  A Whole Foods store?  A little pricey, right?  In my experience, when it comes to food, you get what you pay for.  I used to be a major couponer, I bought the things on sale, and if it's what I need, I still do.  But here's the thing.  Whenever I would use coupons, I was allowing other companies to dictate what I bought.  And essentially, dictate what went in my body.  Now that I have a little knowledge about a few of those companies, I am most certainly not okay with that.  Food is about more than a bargain.  When I drink Shakeology, I am putting 70....SEVENTY superfoods into my body.  And I can do that at $4 a day.  Does a dollar menu do that?  Or a frozen meal that I got on sale for 10 for $10?  Nope.  Not even close.  I am a frugal person, and we have TWO orders of Shakeology coming to our house.  We don't have some big fancy income, we have one car, we live in a two bedroom townhome...if we can do it, you can do it.  I promise.  It's all about changing your priorities, setting aside that Starbucks money for Shakeology, and making the commitment.  Also, we only had the one car, and the townhome BEFORE Shakeology...we didn't have to do literally anything to our budget, so, no sold cars, no second mortgage, ha, just pushing money into different places.  Because I can't afford NOT to drink it.

2. Is Shakeology a protein shake?:  The short answer is yes, but then I have to say no, which will make my answer longer ;)  Shakeology is a meal replacement shake...so yes, there is a protein in it, but there is also probiotics, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and adaptogens in it.  What the heck does all that mean?  Well, it means that it promotes a healthy heart, assists with good digestion, supports the immune system, and can detoxify the liver, kidneys and blood.  Also, it has a low glycemic index, which means it's great if you're diabetic.  Oh, and, to get back to the original question, it has protein...but not just any protein, it has PLANT BASED protein, which is pretty much the best kind.  Things like Chia, Flax, Quinoa, Brown Rice, Amaranth, and Pea protein.  Sounds a little better than Protein Isolate, Cellulose Gum, and Soy Lecithin (which is literally, sludge, by the way), right?  The quote 'if you can't pronounce it, don't eat it', is a good one to apply when looking for a shake.  And I can tell you I can't pronounce a lot of them that are out there.

3. Does it TASTE good?: Yes!  Oh man, does it ever!  I don't know what I would do with out my chocolate shake in the evening...it has helped me stick with my commitment of no cheat meals for nearly two weeks now.  And there are SO many great recipes...things like 'Thin Mint Bliss', 'Strawberry Sundae', Neapolitan', 'Black and White Shake', can you tell I'm craving chocolate?  They are all great in their own way, I have my favorites, but you might find you like other ones more.  It just depends on your taste.

4.  What are the current flavors?:  Right now, there are: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry and Greenberry.  There is also Vegan Chocolate and Vegan Tropical Strawberry too!

5. How long does it last?:  You have two options, there is a bag that lasts for 30 days, and also a box of individual packets that lasts 24 days.  A lot of people who travel prefer the box of 24, but I'm a bag girl, myself ;)

6. How do I order?:  Well, I am SO glad you asked ;)  I have a website that you can order from, right here!  It's very easy, and not only will you get Shakeology, but you'll also get me, as your free coach...I'll be there with you every step of the way in your training, your nutrition...consider me your personal cheerleader.  I've got your back!

My Website!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig