Friday, March 14, 2014

What is a Challenge Group?

When I invite someone to a challenge group, people often wonder what on earth that is, and why should they join it.  I'll explain it, but first, let me tell you my story about why I love them so much, and why I'm committed to helping other people see how important they are.

I have signed up for races, gym memberships, circuit classes, I've even got Billy Blanks Tae Bo in my DVD collection.  All of those things worked FOR A WHILE.  But NONE of them stuck.  I would do them for a month, two months, but once the race was over, so was the training...and then, so was the motivation.  And I could say the same thing about all of the other forms of exercise I tried.  If I was doing these things with friends, well, eventually one of us would poop out and then that turned into, 'well, let's just grab a coffee instead.'  And I'm not faulting those friends (but you know who you are, ha!), it was MY OWN fault.  I was trying, but I wasn't finding anything that really helped me stick with exercising on a regular basis.  I knew it was essential...I just couldn't find my niche.

My friend invited me to her first ever challenge group.  It seemed a little too simple.  A group on Facebook?  Are you for real?  Could this really work?!  She told me, 'I'll be posting assignments everyday, and you NEED to check in and tell us how your day went.'  'Welp', I thought, 'I've tried everything else, let's give this a shot.'  I LOVED it.  It was a group of about ten women, most of us didn't know each other, and each day, there was some kind of fun assignment.  Post your favorite workout song, let's see a sweaty pic, post yourself doing a plank in a random place....there were even food pictures going up so we would stay accountable to our nutrition plans.  There was something about it that just clicked with me.  And that group of women were so fun!  Even though we didn't know each other, we got to know each other in no time at all.  If someone posted that they didn't feel like working out, there were 10 comments underneath her post telling her not to give up or to get her butt in gear (depending on the personality!).  It was awesome, I loved it, and I knew that I wanted to lead these.  And, I can honestly say, that I have been in various challenge groups, and now leading them, for over a year.

If you have tried EVERYTHING else, try this.  It truly clicked with me.  Even though it's work, it was convenient, because it was on Facebook, and I'm a total Facebook junkie, so that made it easy enough to check in.  And the assignments are always short, fun, and motivational.  My goal when I create challenge groups is to make it a little fun, a little no-nonsense, and a lot of encouragement.  After all, isn't that why we ask a friend to join us when we sign up for a gym membership?  We want accountability.  Well, when you join a challenge group, you have anywhere from 5-10 people pushing you on, and if someone has a rough day, it's no biggie, we pick up again at the next one.

Oh, and Challenge Groups are FREE.  There is no charge to have this genius mind as your coach ;)  Ha, kidding, but really, there isn't a charge.  The only requirement in my groups is to participate in a BeachBody workout and replace one meal a day with Shakeology, which you can order right here.  After all, if you're doing a challenge group, you're going to need the right tools...so a workout and solid nutrition plan is something you'll need to invest in anyhow.  And, if you order a challenge pack from me this month, you'll receive a free shakeology shaker cup, and your choice of an individual packet of Shakeology.  I LOVE my shaker cup, it's a great thing to have when I'm on the go!  

Anyhow, there it is, if you'd like to join, I have one coming up SOON, on April 7th.  Are you ready?  Do you want to get after this?  Well, what are you waiting for?!  Comment below, and I can answer your questions, and be in touch with you!
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig