Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Body Beast Recipe: Coconut Shrimp Curry in a Hurry

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Body Beast manual has THE BEST recipes that I have tried yet out of the BeachBody programs.  Sagi really knows what he's doing in the kitchen ;)

So, here is my FAVORITE recipe out of the manual.  I have made this atleast 5 or 6 times since I've started Body Beast, and I just made it again tonight, and wanted to share it with you all.  Hope that you enjoy it as much as I have!

Please keep in mind that this makes one serving.  For my husband and I, I definitely have to triple this recipe (for him, not me!)

Also, the recipe lives up to his name....the total time to make this dish is about 20 minutes...that includes prep to having it served on your plate!

Ingredients: 

*1/4 to 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
*1 tsp. fresh lime juice
*1/2 tsp. honey or agave syrup (optional)
*1/2 tsp. curry powder
*1/4 tsp. grated ginger
*1/4 tsp. finely chopped garlic
*6 oz. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
*1/4 tsp. sea salt
*1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
*1 tsp. safflower oil
*1/2 red pepper chopped
*2 tsp. fresh cilantro chopped (optional)

Directions: 

1. Combine coconut milk, lime juice, honey, curry powder, ginger and garlic into a small bowl and set aside.

2. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.

3. Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, and add the pepper and shrimp, stirring frequently for about 30 seconds

4. Add coconut milk mixture; mix well and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low and boil gently for 5 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened and the shrimp is firm, white, and opaque in the center and the tails are pink.

5. Add the cilantro as a garnish.




SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig