Monday, September 8, 2014

Reduced Sugar 'Any Fruit' Bread Recipe

Every time I make this bread, people just go bananas over it....pun intended ;)

I had a dear friend come over today, and with the day being a little dreary and rainy, I thought I would brighten it up with bread and coffee.  It seemed to do the trick.

I can't take full credit for this recipe, it originated from my Vitamix recipe book, and was originally a blueberry orange bread...now I make it with any fruit I have in the house, and each time, it gets more and more delicious.

This time around I had a banana and a cup of frozen raspberries...and sprinkled a little cinnamon on top before throwing it in the oven.  Because of the sweetness of the fruit, there really isn't much of a need for sugar, but I do add a little but...unlike a lot of other bread recipes that require a cup or more.

Here is the recipe.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have when friends come over to visit.

Ingredients: 

1 Cup all purpose flour
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. heart-healthy butter
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg or egg substitute
1 banana
1 cup frozen raspberries
*dash of cinnamon (optional)

Directions: 

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray an 8 1/2 inch x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray
2. Combine the first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside
3. Place butter, water, sugar, egg, and banana into a blender and blend until liquefied
4. Pour liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently to combine.  Fold in the blueberries
5. Pour into the prepared loaf pan
6. Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean



SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds great, I love raspberries and have a ton of them in the fridge so I might have to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should Em! I just love this recipe...enough sweet to be satisfying but definitely not overpowering!

    ReplyDelete

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig