Monday, November 10, 2014

Baked Rosemary and Garlic Chicken

What started as a frustrating day with my Bull Mastiff puppy, ended with a delicious dinner!

So. my dog, Louie, has a penchant for digging.

I know this.  And yet, as I was trying to unpack my house, I left him outside for a few minutes, thinking that would be an okay idea.  It wasn't.

I walked out the back door to call him in, and I saw my little herb garden had been massacred.  In particular my poor little Rosemary bush had taken a beating from his massive paws.

Instead of throwing the remnants away in frustration, I held the rosemary up to my nose, smelled it's wonderful, sweet smell, and thought 'I'll just use it.'

Hence, came this recipe.  Not only is this recipe completely clean with NO oil, but I used it as part of my 21 Day Fix meal plan.

And let me tell you, as this was baking in the oven, it was hard for me to stay mad at Louie for digging up the rosemary.  Plus, he's totally adorable ;)

I hope you enjoy it, and that it helps you towards your health and fitness goals!


Baked Rosemary and Garlic Chicken (Serves 2, the serving shown in the picture is 2 Red, 1 Green and 1 yellow)

Ingredients:

1. One pound of chicken breasts, thawed
2. About 5 sprigs of Rosemary, chopped finely
3. 1 Tbsp. of Minced Garlic
4. 2 Zucchini, chopped
5. 2 tsp. of garlic powder
6. 1 cup of brown rice

Directions:

1. pre-heat oven to 375
2. in a 9x13 pan, place the chicken breasts flat throughout the pan
3. add the sprigs of rosemary and sprinkle the minced garlic
4. add the zucchini in the pan, along the perimeter of the pan
5. sprinkle the garlic powder on the zucchini
6. cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Enjoy!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig