Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Cauliflower Mashed 'Potatoes' Recipe

I have avoided this recipe like the PLAGUE because I hate it when things 'pretend' to be something else.  In trying to avoid large amounts of dairy, I have tried tons of different 'cheez', and finally found that if I just ate quality cheese, and small amounts, I was okay.

However, I have been becoming more and more curious about these 'potatoes', and started searching around for a good recipe.

I came across this one, at Raegun Ramblings and had to try it out!  I changed a couple of things about the recipe (no dairy was added), and it was very easy to make using my Vitamix!  You have GOT to try this out!

You will need:

1 head of cauliflower
1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
3 tsp. of garlic powder
pepper (optional)

Directions:

Prep the Cauliflower:
1. Trim off all of the florets, leaving off the large stems and base.
2. Rinse the florets in a colander
3. Steam the cauliflower.  I did it on the stove top, and it took about 15 minutes.

Once the Cauliflower is prepped:

1. Place about half of the cauliflower in the blender, along with the milk and yogurt.
2. Blend until smooth, then add the rest of the cauliflower and garlic, and blend until smooth.

Then, it's ready to serve!  Add pepper if you would like!  This was SO good!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig