Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Clean Eating: Healthy Hamburger Helper Recipe

We are going out of town soon, and we're at one of those awkward moments with our fridge of there's a little too less in there, but I refuse to buy anymore groceries.  So.  I guess we won't eat.  Or I'll make up some stuff.

Last night, I decided to make something up.

I thought that it would be chili, but I underestimated my water, and it turned into this little creation.  I wasn't sure what it was exactly, but when I started eating it, it reminded me of Hamburger Helper.  You know, that stuff you haven't had since you were 8?  Except this version was just a teensy bit healthier.

Like a lot of my recipes that you'll find on here, I think that you could mix and match a lot of different things, and it would taste great.  But the base (I think), should be ground turkey and quinoa, the rest can be up to you!

This is what I decided on last night, but feel free to create your own!

Clean Hamburger Helper: 

Ingredients: 

1 pound ground turkey
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper
1 small onion
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. cumin 
3 cups of water

Directions: 

Stir all ingredients into your crockpot, and place your setting on 'high', leave in the crockpot for about 4 hours.  When you come back, the quinoa will be cooked, the ground turkey will be done, and you will have a family with full bellies ;)



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig