Monday, December 15, 2014

Emotions: Fight and Win Control of Them

It's a little bit ironic to me that I'm writing on this right now.  My emotions have RULED over me these past months.  I recently started taking medication so we are ready to start IVF in January, and it has taken a toll on me.  My fuse is about one centimeter long.  I cry about pretty much anything.  And there's been a lot of self-doubt going on.

So, clearly.  I'm not an expert on winning control over them.  I can tell myself that it's not totally my fault.  That this medication is getting the best of me, which, there is truth to that.  However, I'm still me, and I know that there has to be a way to help me with them.  The solution?  Exercise.

Exercise helps with a lot of things...more than we give it credit for.  But today I actively made sure to begin my day with it, and I have felt the best I have felt in weeks.  Typically, I put it off until shortly before my husband comes home from work, or I do it late at night, which, don't get me wrong, it's still good that I did it, but it doesn't help me nearly as much with the emotional aspect.  Because I exercised this morning, is the reason I am writing this post.  Exercise gets me thinking about ways that I can help others.  It gets me inspired.  And goodness, I know that that's a message that I can share about.

I think back to when my husband was deployed and how I actively made a plan to exercise while he's gone.  Why?  Because I knew it would be a tough time.  So why would I not make it a priority during the IVF process.  Now, when I actually start the treatment I have to do little to no exercise, however, I still have a little over a month before that starts.  So, there is a lot of work that can be done between now and then.

My point is this: If you find yourself in a rut emotionally.  Go out and be active.  For myself, that was 20 minutes of lifting weights today.  That's it.  And I feel ready for my day, and inspired to continue on and day this tomorrow.  Do not let your emotions get the best of you.  Trust me, I know how difficult that can be.  But believe me when I say, the more they rule over you, the more miserable you will be.  When you take the reigns amazing and wonderful things can happen for your life.  I believe that whole heartedly because I have seen it happen for myself, and also, in the lives of others.

It doesn't matter that you had a Christmas party you went to yesterday and had too much egg nog, and had two plate fulls of desserts.  Go for a walk.  Do something.  You will feel better.  Exercise can lead to being fit and losing weight, however, for me, the most important aspect is the changes that occur on the inside.  How you feel about yourself.  How you feel towards tasks that you need to complete, and how you feel towards others.  Trust me, from a girl that can get wrapped in feelings very quickly, that can be undone in a matter of one workout.  The result always amazes me.

If you took up this challenge, comment below with what you chose to do today!




SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig