Sunday, December 7, 2014

Homemade, Completely Clean Apple Cider

Apple cider is something that is SO easy to keep clean, and yet somehow, when you buy it from the store it has a loaf of soar added to it.

So, here is my healthy version that I promise, will taste so good, all that will be missing is a fireplace and a good book.

You will need:
1. About 4 large apples (I used Honey Crisp)
2. 1 tsp. Cinnamon
3. 1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves
4. One orange, sliced into quarters

Directions:
1. You will need a juicer for this recipe.  If you don't have one you'll just need to buy apple juice that has nothing added to it.  The only ingredient should be 'apples'.

2. Juice the apples

3. In a crock pot, add the apple juice, cinnamon, cloves, and sliced oranges.

4. Heat on how high for about 2 hours or until warm.

The only other thing that I think I will do next time is strain the juice before serving.  There was definitely some pulp at the bottom of my glass.

Also, this recipe serves 2.  It depends on the size of the apples you're using, but I would say about two apples per person is a good estimate of how many you'll need.

Hope this recipe warms you up on a chilly night!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig