Friday, January 16, 2015

Baked Apples and Pears

I had some pears that were getting a little too ripe, and so naturally, I decided it was time to make something.

I'm sure somewhere out in the internets there is a recipe just like this one, but I can honestly say, this one was all me.  No Google, no Pinterest.  Just a girl who wanted to use up a ripe pear.

I also wanted to stick to my guns on my clean eating, so I quickly nixed the idea of a cobbler, but then I thought, 'what if I made a cobbler, with a few modifications?'

This was the result, and I have to say, I really liked it, and I also think there's an awful lot that you could substitute into it if you have other fruit lying around (peaches and blueberries come to mind!)

Here's what you need:

Ingredients:

1 apple
1 pear
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon

That's it!  Now here's how you make it!

Directions:

1. preheat your oven to 325 degrees
2. Slice the apples and pears long way (see picture below)
3. In an 8x8 pan place the apples and pears every other in the pan, as the pear was definitely softer and I didn't want them to mush together, (so lay one apple slice, one pear slice, and so on)
4. In a small bowl, mix the nuts, cinnamon and vanilla together, this will help to best disburse the vanilla flavor
5. pour the nut mixture over the apples and pears
6. bake for 30 minutes

Serves 4

That's it!  Simple, guilt free dessert, that doesn't take any time at all to make.  Enjoy!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig