Thursday, January 15, 2015

How To Seed A Pomegranate

I'm pretty sure that the first week of January is the ONLY time that healthy food is on sale.  So, realizing this, I decided to take full advantage.  I stocked my fridge with veggies I'd never tried, fruits that seemed a little strange, and the result was pretty amazing.

For starters, I learned how to seed a pomegranate.  I searched and searched (um, I typed it in Google), and I found two basic ways.  I chose the non-water method, because it seemed easier, and honestly, it wasn't too hard, just a little messy (don't wear white!)

So, here is what I did:

1. Roll the pomegranate on a hard surface to loosen up the seeds inside.  You don't need to do this for very long, maybe 30 seconds, max.


2. Cut a small line around the middle of the pomegranate.  Be careful though not to cut too far into it, just enough to break the skin, not the seeds.


3. Break open the pomegranate, and,using a spoon, scoop out the pomegranate seeds into a medium sized bowl.

4. I also rinsed mine in a colander, but I don't think you have to do that.  I was mostly just trying to weed out the white bits that I'd accidentally scooped.

Afterwards, you have a pretty tasty treat that you can take along with you!  That day, I had a series of things I had to be at, and while I was waiting for my prescription at the military pharmacy (you military wives know what that's like), I busted these out.  That Snickers bar in the vending machine didn't seem to scream my name quite so loudly after I'd had a few handfuls of this sweet little treat ;)





SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig