Thursday, January 22, 2015

IVF and Exercise: It CAN Be Done!

As most of you know, I'm a BeachBody coach, and going an entire MONTH without exercising during this IVF cycle just sounded pretty terrible.  At the same time, I completely respect my doctors and want to listen to them!

So, I remembered a lesser known BeachBody program that I have been curious about ever since an early morning Summit 2013 workout that I did with this wonderfully wise man, Dr. Mark Cheng.

He teaches Tai Chi and has done so for about 20 years.  Now, I only did the one workout at Summit, but I absolutely loved it.  Afterwards, I felt completely refreshed, but I also felt challenged in a way that I had never been before by a workout program.  Most programs make you sweat, but this program makes you concentrate, and truly listen to your body, and it's a nice change.

What's even better, is that when I wrote and asked my doctor if Tai Chi was a good program to follow while I completed my cycle, they said that it's actually one of the few programs that they DO approve, due to it's slow movements, the lack of twisting your torso, and there are no weights involved.

Today was Day One for me, and I loved it!  I'm really excited to see how this will improve my balance (something I really struggle with), and also, my hope is that it will help me relax.  My body is going to be going through a LOT of changes over the next month, and having something like this that is a constant a midst the large amounts of hormones I'll be injecting is going to be a welcomed friend each day :)

I fully believe that when you are faced with an obstacle, you CHOOSE how to see it.  When I heard my doctor say that I couldn't workout, I could have easily said 'Awesome!  Bring on the cupcakes!', which, I'm not gonna lie, the cupcakes crossed my mind!  But, after I thought past their frosty goodness, I thought about how I wanted to actually FEEL, and ending each night with a sugar coma didn't sound that great to me.

If you are faced with physical limitations, chat with your doctor, find out what all the options TRULY are, and then ask!  I definitely wanted to stay within the confines of what THEY told me to do, but I also knew it wouldn't hurt to ask.  And I'm so glad I did :)

Keep on hanging in!  And if you have questions about Tai Cheng post them below in the comments!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig