Tuesday, January 6, 2015

THE #1 Way To Improve 2015: Read a Book

I've been getting asked a LOT about personal development.  Probably because I emphasize it a lot as it's been something that has helped me in my life. 

Last year, I committed to 'a lot' of personal development.  Sometimes this meant one book a week.  Sometimes it meant one book a month.  It just depended on my time table.  

However, this year, I've committed to ONE book a week.  That's right.  52 books all year.  Kind of a lot I know.  But that's how important it is to me, and that's how much I believe it helps.

First of all, let me clarify what personal development is.  It's books that help YOU improve YOU.  If you're a new mom, this could mean a parenting book.  If you find yourself in a leadership role, this could mean a book about well...leadership.  It's not anything mystical.  It's not anything about being a millionaire in a day.  It's about you honing in on interests that you have on improving you.

The best part is, even if you're NOT a reader, you can still commit to personal development.  Ever heard of Ted Talks?  If not, check them out.  They have talks that can encourage you, challenge you, make you think, and inspire you.


The point is...do something that improves you!  Whether that's listening to an audio book in the car, watching a 3 minute motivational youtube video, or, simply being old fashioned and curling up to a book.  You can set ALL the goals you want for 2015, but if you don't focus on changing your mindset they simply won't happen.  Make a decision to set aside some time each day...that can be 15 minutes or an hour depending on what you have available.  The time doesn't really matter, it's what you do with it that does.  <3
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig