Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Top 5 Favorite Ted Talks Videos

Yesterday's post really got me thinking about how much I love Ted Talks.  They aren't JUST motivating talks, there are some that are educational, there's even one about how you've been tying your shoes wrong your whole life.

I realized before I wrote this that I really didn't know what TED was, so I decided to look it up.  TED Talks is actually a non-profit organization that began 1984.  TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design.  Their mission is a pretty simple one: To spread good ideas.  That's my kinda company!  They have since branched off, and now do TedX which is speakers actually going out into the community to share their ideas, they also have TedEd series as well.  I was already impressed with them, and now, I'm even moreso impressed.

So, without further ado, here is my top 10 list of favorite TED Talks videos:

1. Larry Smith: Why you will fail to have a great career  This was the first TED Talks video I'd ever seen.  I really don't remember how I came across it.  I didn't know who Larry Smith was, but I loved him after this talk.  He's a quirky little man, that packs a powerful punch with a message that you will not soon forget.

2. Diana Nyad: Never, ever give up Talk about a STORY.  I had the great honor of hearing her speak at a BeachBody event this past year, and she went into much more detail about her story.  It brought me to tears.  This woman is the picture of perseverance, the ability to look beyond the naysayers, and achieve ANY goal that you have.

3. Susan Cain: The Power of Introverts This is the talk that urged me to purchase her book, 'Quiet'.  I'm there are a lot of other people that have chatted about introverts, but none that really made me realize that being an introvert DOES carry power, and it's not weird or strange.  If you're an introvert, you should give this a listen.

4. Shawn Achor: The happy secret to better work What starts as a hilarious story about his childhood, opens up the theory of Positive Psychology, and how he is on a mission to help people become more than average.

5. Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action This was probably the second TED talks I'd ever seen, and the concept of the 'golden circle' is something that I think of often in my own business, and helped me shape how I want my business to look and continues to do so as I move forward.

There are many others that I have seen, and really enjoyed as well.  However, these are the top 5 that inspired me in some way, helped me something IN me, and helped to shape my business.  I hope you enjoy them.  And if you find others that you enjoy, please feel to post their link the comments!  Thanks everyone!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig