Monday, February 16, 2015

21 Day Fix: Grocery List Ideas

So, today was my DAY ONE of 21 Day Fix.  And after THREE weeks of being on a restricted workout regimen, I was really excited to start.  Which, I never knew that could even happen for me, ha.

I want to use these next 21 Day as a way for me to let you know how I'm doing, any tips that I pick up along the way, and of course, some pretty tasty recipes.

But first, let's start with the basics.  The grocery list.

This can be really overwhelming to a lot of people, so I'm just going to show you what I do, and I hope that it will help you out!

First of all, I try to keep it as SIMPLE as possible.  There's a lot that you're taking in when you first start this program; containers, food, workouts, colors of containers, what bracket you fall into, eek!  How crazy, right?!

Don't worry, that's why you've got a coach!  If you don't, let me know, I can help you out!

So, here are my tips:

1. Commit to eating the same thing for about three days: I feel like after three days you are going to get the hang of the containers, and how your schedule will fit in eating all this food.  But until then, just plan on a FEW things that you know you like based on the lists provided in the plan, and commit to those.  If you know you like eggs and chicken for protein, eat that.  If you know you like toast in the morning, choose that for your grain.  Make sense?  After three days, THEN you can start exploring around at the different recipes that are out there.

2. Plan out your meals: Even for someone like me, who is actually really bad at planning out things like meals, this is just so helpful.  Without atleast a rough idea of how and when you are going to eat, you really can't even make a grocery list.  So, make a plan, and stick to it.  Buy some plastic baggies for days when you're on the road.  Use the containers themselves if you're in a rush.  And just, make a plan.

So, without further adieu, here is the grocery list that I made for myself last night, now, mind you, I already have a lot of the 'extras' here at the house, but I'll get to those in a minute:

1. 1 package of chicken (2 lbs.)
2. three containers of Greek Yogurt, plain
3. one large package of spinach
4. 4 tomatoes
5. dozen eggs
6. 1 package of sliced mushrooms
7. one jar of olives
8. 1 package of blackberries
9. la croix
10. Unsweetened coconut flakes
11. coconut extract

You might notice that what I actually bought is slightly different than the list I made.  The raspberries at my grocery store looked absolutely terrible, so, I opted for blackberries, and, they also didn't have the right cottage cheese, and, I realized that I already had extra-virgin olive oil.  So, that's why there's a bit of a discrepancy between the two.

Also, here are some things that I already had on hand, that I intend on using for the 21 Day Fix:

1. waffles
2. almond butter
3. coconut oil
4. Shakeology
5. pears
6. apples
7. an extra dozen eggs ( I REALLY like eggs, haha)
8. extra virgin olive oil
9. bananas
10. shredded cheese

That should cover it!  Also, please keep in mind that I am buying for one person, so, adjust accordingly!  In the next few posts, I intend on showing you WHAT I eat for each meal, and hopefully, that can give you a better idea too.  I think the key is as I mentioned before, keep things SIMPLE for yourself.  Slowly replace your 'old grocery list' with a new one, and you will begin to have things like almond butter and coconut oil as staples in your house as well!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig