Thursday, February 19, 2015

21 Day Fix White Fish Recipe

I don't think, prior to tonight, that I have ever had Cod!  I was trying hard to think of a time that I had ordered it a restaurant, or even bought it, and I couldn't think of one time.  Fish has always intimidated me, in terms of cooking it, because, it will occasionally make me use the 'broil' option on my oven, and if I'm being totally honesty, it kind of scares me to use it.  I mean, aside from getting really, really hot, what does broiling something do?!  These are the things that run around my brain.

However, broil button or not, that Cod was on sale, and I knew I could eat it for the 21 Day Fix, so before I could think about the word broil, I dropped it in my cart.

And I've gotta tell you, I kind of impressed myself.  That broil option isn't so bad when you follow directions and don't just wing it...like I often do.  Also, I had a recipe in front of me that was quite literally, fool proof.  I promise.

So, I made a little extra for meal planning purposes, but this is the recipe that comes straight from the 21 Day Fix!

Containers that it uses: 1 Red, and 1 Tsp.

What You'll Need:

4 oz. white fish (cod, tilapia, halibut, you get the idea)
1 tsp of olive oil
All-Purpose Seasoning or Mediterranean Seasoning (made from the 21 Day Fix guidebook, I used the All-Purpose seasoning!)

Directions:
1. preheat broiler to high (I promise, it's not scary!)
2. Drizzle with oil, then season if desired.
3. Broil the fish for about 3-4 minutes on each side

Note: If you are making more, be sure to account for that in terms of time broiling. I had 4 fillets, and broiled them for about 10 minutes on each side.

Once it's done, I squirted mine with a little bit of lemon juice, and it was really, really tasty!

Recipes like this one are yet again another example to me that you truly do NOT have to sacrifice taste to live a healthy life.  Enjoy!


SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. Cod is a great firm go-to white fish - we use it all the time, I love it in fish tacos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. White fish ....mm seems to be very yummy.....Thanks Mary for this appetizing Recipe.....Will try this out!

    Yesterday I made an attempt with spicy fish mole recipe got from the website :http://www.clubnoor.com/en/recipe/fish-mole-creamy-fish-curry
    It too was also good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the comment Anjam, I'll be sure to check that one out ;)

    ReplyDelete

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig