Thursday, February 5, 2015

3 Day Refresh: Results and Review

I have to say, when I started this, I didn't really expect ANY physical results.  Typically, even with eating healthy AND doing some kind of exercise, I personally can't see results until the end of the first week.  I assumed that I would feel better, which isn't bad, but I did not expect to SEE results.

Sheesh, I was totally wrong!

I am now on Day 4, with a tummy full of eggs (I always, always miss eggs if I don't have them for a few days!), and I'm able to give you the complete run down on the Refresh.

What IS the Refresh?:

The 3 Day Refresh is a way for you to feel renewed and to get a jump back into your diet and exercise regimen.  I do not think that detoxes are the end all, be all.  I believe that we should overall have a healthy way of living. However, after the holidays, going through my IVF cycle and being unable to exercise heavily, I was really, really struggling with getting back on track with healthy eating.  It has always been my vice, and now, it's like it's all clicked again at how GOOD I feel when I do eat healthy.  That's just one of the things that the 3 Day Refresh did for me, and I think, it's the most important.

How Does It Work?:

The 3 Day Refresh is a very simple, step by step, day by day process.  When it arrives, you'll see a booklet that will tell you everything you need, what groceries you should by, and (my favorite part), a checklist for each day giving you an approximate schedule of when you should be eating what.  It leaves no question unanswered!  And each day, you do the exact same thing, so if you are short on money, and you choose to just buy the same groceries for each day, that's completely fine, and, it will make things simpler for you.  Also, you are given a 3 day supply of 2 powders: Vanilla Fresh (2 for each day) and Fiber Sweep (1 packet per day)

What is Vanilla Fresh?:

Vanilla Fresh is a completely plant based protein powder.  This cleanse is asking you to eat only fruits and vegetables, and so, there is little to no protein in what you are actually eating.  However, two times a day, you drink Vanilla Fresh to replenish that, as well as Shakeology in the morning.  So no worries about protein!  And also, no worries about being hungry or that it tastes bad.  It fills you up AND tastes really good!

What is Fiber Sweep?:

Fiber Sweep is also plant based, and does just what it says.  Now, I'm sure that everyone is different, but I did not find myself running to the bathroom, and honestly, there wasn't anything dramatic at all about taking this.  It's pretty gentle on you, probably because it's made completely from chia seeds, flax, and psyllium husk.  That being said, I didn't find that it tasted very good.  It's not the worst thing, it has a citrus taste at the end, but it's not the best thing either.  And it gets thick very quickly when you mix it with water.  So, if you're a chugger, then chug this!  The texture really got to me the thicker it got, and I tried to chug, but, I'm just not good at that!  That being said, you do it once in the morning, and then you're done, haha.  But the rest of the process wasn't bad, so I powered through this part of it.

How I felt:

I feel like it's named pretty appropriately, because I feel refreshed, haha!  I feel like eating healthy is something that I want to continue.  And because I wasn't starving while I did this, I'm not calling up Papa John's anytime soon.  I want to KEEP the results that I have by continuing on in a healthy diet.  I will say too, some thing that I didn't expect, but for the first time in a very long time, I actually went to bed at a reasonable time.  Lately, I stay up at all hours of the night, and my sleep is very, very off.  While I was on the Refresh, I went to bed at about 10-11 pm, and I woke up around 7 am, it was awesome :)

My Results!

So, not only do I FEEL better, but I my pants aren't quite so tight!  I seriously can't believe that I lost any weight at all, let alone, 5 pounds!  I didn't expect that!  But it was there staring me in the face this morning when I checked my weight.  I still have a ways to go to get back to where I was last year, but I am well on my way, and I truly owe it all to this little jump start!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig