Monday, March 9, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme: Turkey Chili

For the first time ever my husbands and I's schedules aligned and we are doing a meal plan together.  And I gotta say, I'm kinda loving it.

Typically, we are each other's kryptonite when it comes to food.  I mean, I can give him a look, and he'll say 'Taco Bell or Chinese?'

So, we're pretty bad.

Now, he's doing Insanity Max 30, and I'm following the 21 Day Fix Extreme workouts, but, if you read closely, their meal plan is very similar, so, we decided to stick the with Extreme plan for both of us.

I was so happy to open up the meal plan and see so many HEARTY meals.  My husband requires quiet a few more containers than I do, so filling him up was a concern that I had.  But, as I thumbed through the recipes, made my grocery list, and actually tried one out tonight, my worries are subsided.

I followed this recipe by the book, and was so happy with the result!  So, without further adieu, here it is!: 

21 Day Fix Extreme Turkey Chili (makes about 6 servings, 1 cup each)
Containers: 
1/2 yellow
1/2 green
1 red

What You'll Need: 
1 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey
1 medium onion,  chopped
1 medium green bell pepper
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional, but it definitely gives it a kick, I loved it!)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 15 oz. cans  of black beans or pinto beans (I chose to do one of each), rinsed and drained
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, no sugar added
12 cilantro sprigs finely chopped, for garnish

Directions: 
1. Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heart
2. Add turkey, onion, pepper, and garlic; cook stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink
3. Add cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and salt, stirring occasionally
4. Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid).  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low, gently boil, stirring occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened
5. Serve warm, sprinkle with cilantro



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig