Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Clean Eating: Chocolate Shakeology Bark

I will be the first to admit that I can't take credit for this recipe.  I have seen it on so many of my fellow coaches' Facebook posts, and, so many variations, that I just had to try it out.  And you know what, it was pretty amazing!

First of all, if you are trying your best to avoid the sweets, avoid that carb craving, like me, then this is perfect.  There is NOTHING to feel guilty about when you nibble on these sweet pieces of chocolate.  It is completely clean, because, Shakeology is made using a whole foods formula.  While other pieces of chocolate are loading you up with sugar, syrups, and sweeteners, this is loading you up with 70 amazing super foods.  So, rest easy ;)

Well, I won't keep you in suspense any longer!  Here's the recipe!

What you need:

1 packet of chocolate shakeology (or vegan chocolate)
2 Tbsp. of Coconut oil (melted)
1 Tbsp. of Unsweetened Coconut (optional, for garnish)

Directions:

1. Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl.
2. In the same bowl, combine the chocolate Shakeology with the coconut oil, and mix until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute
3. I used a bread loaf pan, but if you have a cute molding, that would be perfect.  I covered the bottom of the pan with the shakeology mixture
4. Add the unsweetened coconut
5. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes
6. Break apart using a metal spatula or, butter knife

There are variations to this recipe, the most popular being that you add peanut or almond butter to it for a Reese's cup taste!  Which, sounds amazing to me!

All of this is further proof that you do NOT have to sacrifice taste when you are eating healthy, you just have to think outside the box, as opposed to buying the box of chocolates ;)


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig