Thursday, May 7, 2015

Banana Blueberry Pancakes Recipe

I simply love a good pancake.

And this, is by far, my favorite recipe, ever. <3

So, naturally, I wanted to share it with all of you.  This recipe comes largely from the amazing cookbook, 'Vegan Cooking for Carnivores' by Roberto Martin.

I'm not lying when I say, every. single. recipe out of this cookbook is amazingly delicious.  I think it's the only cookbook that I can say I've tried all of the recipes atleast once, and wasn't so incredibly amazed at how good they were.

So, pick it up!

Pretty much, this is his recipe, but, I added blueberries, ha.  And, I don't think I'll ever not add blueberries to it again.  So, so delicious.  And, you can completely make the batter in your blender, it can't get any easier than that!

What You Need: 
1 1/2 cups nondairy milk (almond, cashew, soy, rice, take your pick!)
1 cup quick cook or steel cut oatmeal
2 medium-size ripe bananas, chopped
1/2 cup organic, unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp., plus 1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup blueberries
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Maple Syrup (if desired, but I mean, come on, how could you not?!)

Directions:
1. In a blender, puree the non dairy milk and oatmeal until smooth.
2. Add the bananas, flour, salt, and baking powder, then puree again until smooth.
3. Fold the blueberries in the batter using a spoon.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, adding cooking spray if desired.
5. Scoop about a 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake into the pan.
6. Allow the pancakes to cook slowly, about 3-5 minutes on each side.  When the pancakes show air bubbles all over the tops and the bottoms are browned, flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook on the opposite side until golden brown.

Enjoy with your maple syrup!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig