Friday, July 31, 2015

Candice & Calabrese Day 2: No Veggie is Left Behind!

So, remember those amazing kabobs?  Yeah, that's what this is, but with a little green mixed in.  Let it be known that I am not a salad person, I genuinely struggle with it, however, the combination of pineapple, chicken, and the homemade dressing Autumn has you add to this, honestly puts it over the top.  I ate every last green on my plate!  Well...almost, I am not a big snow peas fan, but, the leafy stuff was gone by the end.

Also, this was made with leftovers....I love that following nearly every main dish recipe, she gives you another reference to another recipe so you don't have to worry about leftovers.  For someone who flies solo much of the time, this is always a good thing for me, as I tend to forget about my leftovers and have to do a major fridge clean out every now and then.  Nothing is wasted now, and I love that!

This recipe was really easy to throw together, especially since I only need to make the dressing, and the meat and veggies from the kabob were already cooked.  All in all, it took me about 10 minutes to put this altogether, and, I have plenty of dressing left over for more deliciousness to come.

I have never made my own dressing before, but, the Asian Vinaigrette that she tells you to make is so easy, and, randomly, I had rice vinegar to use in the cupboard from my adventures of making curry (another post, for another time, but, I will say my hand was sore for a week from mashing all the ingredients together.)

So, my opinion of this recipe: Easy, tasty, and I was totally full.  Win/win/win.

My next post will be all about desserts, I am SO excited to share it with you all, mostly because, that means I get to it. ;)


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig