Thursday, September 10, 2015

Candice & Calabrese Day 8: Apple Banana Muffins

Today, I went on a bit of a baking blitz in an effort to bring you the very best, and also, to try my hand at a few food blogging tips that I'm starting to pick.  In other words, my day has been a complete blast.  Cooking for others, whether it's someone who is joining us for dinner, or, virtually, is so incredibly fun for me.

Also, it's really awesome being able to see over and over again that the words 'healthy cooking', can equate to so much more than the words 'bland', 'cardboard', or, worst of all, 'limiting'.

I don't know about you, but when I think of muffins, I think of this shop by my house growing up called 'My Favorite Muffin', and oh man, talk about amazing.  But, I'll completely fess up that I did not go for the bran muffin.  I ordered the double chocolate chip muffin, which, let's be honest with ourselves, it was a cupcake without the frosting.

Um, this muffin is not like that one.

BUT.  It's still tasty.

And even more than that, it's completely healthy for you.

There is not ONE drop of sugar in this, or sweetener for that matter.  It simply uses the natural sweetness of the bananas and apples.

The one thing that I noticed with this recipe is that I had to keep them baking for quite a bit longer than the recipe called for.  Mine were in the oven for about 23 minutes, and, probably could have stood to be placed in there longer.  It may have been my oven, so, follow the directions first, and, if you run into the same problem that I did, just tack on a 2 minutes or so at a time.

Also, I have chunky fruit texture issues, ha.  I just hate cooked chunky fruit...except in pies...and even then I only like certain ones, and don't even get me started on chunky fruit yogurt, ha.  So, rather than chopping and mashing the bananas and apples, I just went ahead and blended it all together in my Vitamix....which, now as I type that out, may have contributed to the fact that I had to bake it a little longer.

All in all, I loved this recipe!  This muffin can go well with coffee, which is always a plus in my book.

If you are just now following along, my blog is focusing on Autumn Calabrese's cookbook called, Fixate.  Each post will feature a recipe from her book.  It has been so fun introducing them all to you, and, if you have her cookbook already, I hope that it inspires you to try out each recipe, and if you don't, please click here or, comment below to ask me about it.

Thanks for reading!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig