Saturday, September 12, 2015

Candice & Calabrese Day 9: Sweet Potato Chips



On this beautiful and lazy fall Saturday, I just had to share this very simply recipe with you all.  On days like this, it's easy to snack and kind of lose track of what constitutes a meal, and, when I'm having a snack....oh just me?  Weird.

Anyhow, whether you lose track of meals vs. snacks or not, this recipe is great if you get that salty craving, and, even if you lose track, you really don't have anything to feel badly about.  I don't typically share the recipes, just, my review of each as I make them from Autumn Calabrese's Fixate Cookbook, but, this one is so simple, I just have to break my own rule and share this one with you:

Serves: 4  1/2 yellow container and 1/2 of a teaspoon

2 Medium Sweet Potatos, peeled, thinly sliced
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil or, organic coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
3. Place sweet potato slices on baking sheet in a single layer
4. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt
5. Bake for 2-3 hours, or, until crisp

Now, again, you may have noticed in my previous post about the apple banana muffins that I had some trouble getting just the right timing with my oven.  This was also my issue with these.  It really depended on how thinly I had sliced them (some were sliced a little thicker at the end since my hand was getting tired, ha).  So, keep an eye on these little guys as they bake.  Most were done and crispy at the 2 hour mark.

Another small thing that I changed was that I just added the salt to oil in a very small bowl, that way, as I brushed the oil on, the salt was evenly distributed as opposed to me sprinkling.  A quarter of a teaspoon isn't much, and I didn't want to sprinkle any of it onto the parchment!

All in all, as I sit here and snack on them, this recipe is a perfect fix for those with that salt craving.  Something that is very easy to make on a lazy day like today.  Enjoy your weekend and thanks for reading!



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig