Monday, January 18, 2016

Candice & Calabrese Day 16: Chicken Parmesan



So, something I will address tomorrow in my blog will be my first and foremost my absence from posting, and also, my new workout regimen.

But for now, you'll just have to stare at this delicious meal.

And I'll tell you how I made it.  Bonus for you ;)

So, this meal was definitely more of a labor of love than I initially thought, BUT it is totally worth the time it takes to prepare.  All in all, it took me about 30 minutes to prep it, prior to tossing it in the oven, and oh my goodness, the prep was WORTH it.

The crust that you prepare for the chicken is absolutely delicious!  It has this wonderful combination of cayenne pepper, coconut flour, garlic powder, almond flour, and and bunch of other wonderful spices.

I know I've mentioned it before but what I love about the Fixate Cookbook is that many recipes are coming from other recipes in the book.  So, you're never wasting anything, and you're not constantly purchasing new ingredients if you really want to work your way through the book...aka...that's what I'm doing, so I really notice this feature a lot.

So, this recipe is combination of Grandma's Tomato Sauce as well as the chicken and waffle recipe, which, due to not having a waffle maker (I seriously don't know how this is possible, but it's a sad fact), I haven't yet tried it out.

Also, I have the other pieces of chicken that I cooked and prepared for my meals this week!  Bonus!

Without further adieu, here is the recipe:

To prepare the Oven Fried Chicken:

2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
1 Tbsp. cornmeal
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. ground paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder, gluten free
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp. grated parmigiano cheese
1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
1 large egg white
4 (4 oz.) chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Place pine nuts and cornmeal in food processor and blend until it's finely ground.
3. Combine pine nut mixture, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, salt, baking powder, almond flour, coconut flour, and cheese in a shallow dish; mix well and set aside.
4. Combine buttermilk and egg white in a shallow dish and whisk to blend.
5. Dip each chicken breast into the buttermilk mixture; then dip it into the pine nut mixture until even coated.  Set aside.
6. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant.
7. Add chicken breasts; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn chicken.
8. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish (or use an oven proof skillet, I didn't have one!), and bake for 10-12 minutes or until it's cooked through.

SO.  For the actual chicken parmesan part of this recipe you will need:

1 oven fried chicken breast
3 tbsp. of Grandma's Tomato Sauce
2 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place chicken in a medium baking dish
3. Top with Grandma's Tomato Sauce and cheeses
4. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and is heated through.

Containers that are used:  1 Red, 1 Purple, 1/2 orange, 3 1/2 tsp.

Thanks everyone for reading, I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig