Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Candice & Calabrese Day 17: Baked Salmon



The other night on  my Facebook page I joked that I made the stinkiest dinner ever:

-fish with a garlic mixture
-steamed broccoli

Yep.  It smelled interesting in our house ;)

I will say though, it tasted really good!  I had to keep my husband from eating seconds so I could snap a picture of it!

The recipe in the Autumn Calabrese's Fixate cookbook actually calls for Trout, but I had salmon and that's what I used, I also substituted the fresh lemons that she calls for, with lemon juice.  Not ideal, but, I had everything else, and really wanted to test out this recipe!  So, here's what I did, and here's what you'll need:


Ingredients: 

1 Salmon Filet
w/ sea salt and black pepper to taste (optional)
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 tsp. olive oil
1 medium lemon. sliced OR 3 tsp. of lemon juice

Directions: 

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Season filet with salt and pepper, set aside
3. Combine tomato, onion, garlic, and basil in a medium bowl; mix well and set aside
4. Place trout on a large piece of aluminum foil.
5. Drizzle oil and lemon juice (or place lemon slices) on the filet
6. Place the garlic mixture evenly on top of the filet
7. Seal foil tightly and place on a baking sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.
8. Increase oven temperature to broil.
9. Open the foil to expose the salmon and broil for 2-3 minutes.
10.  Distribute accordingly for two servings.

This is two servings, and uses 1 green, 1 red, 1/2 purple and 1/2 tsp. in regards to containers.

Enjoy!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig