Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Candice & Calabrese Day 18: Red Fruit Salad and Raspberry Vinaigrette




This was the ONE healthy thing that I had for Easter lunch. ;)

And man, I gotta say, it was the perfect pairing for such a bright and sunny meal!

This salad has such a great flavoring of savory and sweet, and for a non-salad lover like myself, it was pretty tasty.

Between the arugula as the greens, and combination of raspberries, strawberries, pecans, and jicama, it was a great start to many, many spring salads!  You can also add goat cheese if you would like!



Now, on to the real show stopper of this tasty salad...the dressing.

I'll be honest, until I really took the time to look at what you need to make your own dressing I thought it sounded like a lot of unnecessary work when you can just buy it at the store.  But there is something nice about knowing WHAT is in your dressing as opposed to 'hoping' it's healthy because you glanced at the packaging.  Of the dressing recipes I've tried so far, they have quite honestly been really easy to make (10 minutes or less), and I nearly always have had the ingredients I needed on hand.

Here is the recipe for the vinaigrette, I hope you enjoy this sweet but tart dressing as much myself and our dinner guests did!

What You Need: 

1/2 cup raspberries
2 Tbsp. raw honey
1 Tbsp. plain greek yogurt (reduced fat 2%)
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp. dried tarragon)
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper and sea salt (optional)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

Directions: 

1. Place all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender or food processor; cover; blend until smooth.
2. Slowly add oil, blending constantly until well mixed.

Thanks for reading friends, until next time!



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig