Friday, April 1, 2016

Candice & Calabrese Day 19: Zoodles. A Cruel Joke or a Tasty side?


It's April Fools' Day today, so naturally, I thought of Zoodles.

I mean, don't you WANT them to be noodles...but, you know.  They're not.

It's kinda mean.  Especially if you like noodles.

So, as a long time noodle lover, I was really against zoodles, or spaghetti squash, or anything like that.  I even have a picture that I found at my parents' house while I was visiting a while back...in case you can't read it, it says 'my mom cooks the best spaghetti.'  My love for the noodle goes way back my friends.  Also, to put your minds at ease, I never pursued a life in the artistic realm.



So, zoodles?  Uh, no thanks.  But you know, then I did this thing where I actually tried them out.  And here's the thing....you can't think it's a noodle.  I know, I know, the POINT is to replace the noodle, but, let's be honest, zucchini doesn't taste anything like a spaghetti noodle.  You can't mess with perfection.  BUT, it is a very tasty vegetable.  See what I'm getting at?  

The zoodle is SUCH a good side dish.  And when you saute it with a little olive oil, and top it with Autumn Calabrese's Grandma's Tomato Sauce and a little freshly grated parmesan taste...it's amazing!  And, you can easily make it an entree by adding some chicken or meatballs.  It's a pretty versatile dish.  

So, see?  The zoodle isn't trying to trick you, it's just trying to help you think outside the (spaghetti) box every now and then. ;)

Until next time!  Thanks for reading friends!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig