Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Candice & Calabrese Day 20: Macaroni & Cheese Goodness





I don't know what's going on in your neck of the woods, but the weather here has been crazy.  One day its 75 and the next day its 35.  My old stomping grounds in Michigan just had snow.  Snow.  In April.  It's just cruel.

Weather very much effects what sounds good to me when dinner time rolls around.  Or really, any meal.  I mean, who doesn't like cozying up with some comfort food on a cold night?

This macaroni and cheese dish allows you to do that AND you don't have to worry about weird chemicals being in it (did you know that boxed macaroni and cheese has all kinds of crap in it?!), and if you are following the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan, or the Portion Control Meal Plan that comes with many of the Beachbody programs now, you can find a place for this.  Now, don't get me wrong, you can't eat this like, everyday.  It's good to mix up how you're using that coveted yellow container, but, for a special treat, this is perfect!

You might be asking yourself HOW you can have mac and cheese on a meal plan.  Well, you make it with clean ingredients.  You replace things that honestly, don't make a lot of different in the taste.  Like trading out good old 2% milk for almond milk (less fat this way!), and if you're freaking out about that, I PROMISE you cannot tell the difference.  I mean, I couldn't, and I really enjoy milk, so, obviously you'll have to try it out yourself.  You use whole wheat pasta instead of the noodles that you don't really know what exactly is in them.  You use FRESH sharp cheddar cheese (there's a difference in quality as opposed to the bagged stuff), and you add chicken and broccoli to help you stay fuller, longer as opposed for going for another serving of noodles.

The ONLY difference that I made was that I traded out macaroni noodles for rotini....I'm convinced they taste better, and, I like to live life on the edge occasionally.

You can find this recipe in the Autumn Calabrese's Fixate Cookbook!  My goal with this blog is to not give EVERY recipe from her book as they are not mine to share non-stop.  However, my goal is to help you see that healthy cooking really does taste amazing, it's easy, and anyone can do it.  I have a love for cooking, but even if you hate cooking, nearly all the recipes in this book are totally doable, and often roll into each other so, if you've got leftovers from one, Autumn has an idea that you can turn it into so you're not buying a million new ingredients for each recipe.  By far, one of my fav cookbooks I've owned.

Also, if you want HELP on your health journey, please contact me, I'd love to get you plugged into a monthly challenge group, or share with you a bit more info on how to get this cookbook.

Until next time, friends!


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig