Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Overcoming Fear & Discouragement: July 10th Bible Study & You're Invited!



Hey Friends!

So, I have actually been doing this bible study thing for 9 weeks, but I didn't want to post anything about it super publicly until I had my bearings on it, and I KNEW that I would stay consistent in it myself.

Lemme give you the back story:

About 5 years ago now, my husband joined the military, and was heading off to bootcamp.  We had been married for three years, but we both just had this nagging feeling that there was MORE that we could accomplish than where we were currently at.  And, to make a very long story short, my husband felt a very strong pull to join the military and fulfill a lifelong dream that he had.  And I was so excited for him, and 100% backed him up.

So when the time came for him to leave, the church I was currently attending had a bible study open up on James.  It was an Inductive Bible Study and I had no idea what that meant, but I knew that with him leaving I NEEDED to be involved in a community of women that was going to be uplifting, but also, something that could challenge me as well.

If you know anything about the book of James, you know that it is all about how to overcome trials, to find JOY in the tough parts of life, and to be STRONG in Christ.  Whew, how timely was that?

That bible study changed my life.

I knew that I wanted to help other women study the bible in this way, and it was always on my heart...but as each year passed, I joined other studies, but still felt this tug to start my own.  The only problem is that most of the women I knew had crazy schedules....because I also have a crazy schedule...and it's so hard to actually get together when you have young kiddos, jobs, military life, etc, etc., so I began hosting this group on Facebook.



We're not fancy.  I tell you what you need to get started, and each day, I go Live in the group to share what I learned from that day, and invite you to to do the same.  That's it.

But gosh, the growth that I personally have experienced has been immense!  And to see our group grow from 6 members to over 20 now, just lets me know that I am not the only one who seeks this kind of community.

So if you would like to join in, if you are longing for that community, while also seeking a way to study the bible that is easy to understand, but also challenges you to ask questions and seek truth, please send me an email, or make a comment, and I'll chat with you about the upcoming study on July 10th!

Thanks for reading, friends.


SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© Candi, Spice, And All Things Nice. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig